Vital Sign Training with Blood Glucose, Oxygen Therapy & EWS & SEPSIS for HCAs - 26th Oct 2018
Duration: 1 Day
Provider: Irish Association of Healthcare Assistants
IAHA Members Price: €65.00
Non Members Price: €85.00 (Discounts available for multiple bookings- contact us)
Candidates: Candidates for this course are expected to have a QQI Level 5 Healthcare Qualification, CPR/AED & be working in a health care setting.
This course is aimed at health care workers who are required to record and report clinical observations and carry out blood glucose checking in their place of work.
By the end of this course candidates will be able to:-
- Understand & state normal parameters for pulse, blood pressure, temperature, respiration and oxygen saturation
- Take a manual and automatic blood pressure
- Take and record temperature, respirations and radial pulse, and oxygen saturations
- Explain how to assess level of consciousness using AVPU
- Take a blood glucose reading
- Benefits of Oxygen Therapy
- The Dangers of Hypoxia
- Patient Assessment
- Adult & Child Oxygen Administration
- Treating Respiratory Failure
- Orapharyngeal Airways
- Continuous Patient Monitoring
- Safety in the Presence of Oxygen
- Use of hand held suction units
- Flow Rates and Gauges
- Storage of Oxygen Cylinders
- EWS & SEPSIS
For more info please Email: email@example.com or Call 089 9667041
All our Trainers are experts in the field of Healthcare, Safety and Emergency Care and are recognised by the Irish Heart Foundation, Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council, Health & Safety Authority, and other national and international organisations.
We bring realistic training, relating real life events into the classroom.